Sunday, January 3, 2010

A Journey Begins in TSL 641 =)


In Class Task 1.

1. Please introduce yourself.
Salam.Hi, I’m Zuliana bte Samad. I would prefer you to call me by my nickname, Julie.
2. How would you rate yourself in terms of your computer skills and why? (e.g. expert, novice, savvy, geek, illiterate etc)

I would rate myself as a savvy user in terms of my computer skills due to the fact that I often use internet as one of my main source in language learning, with some applications of softwares but not to the extend that I could create a website. Really hope to create one, one day! =)
3. What computer software and hardware knowledge do you have?
Cyberlink Power Director, FLV, Microsoft Publisher, Mcs Offices (Word,Excel, Powerpoint,etc,.)
4. Have you experienced learning via the computer (online, etc)?
Yes. For the Sociolinguistic’s class. We learnt through online lectures and journal.Powerpoint, of course. It helps a lot tyo make the learning more interesting and fun!Downloading songs and vides from Youtube, Keepvid.com and expanding vocabularies through online dictionaries (Merriam-Webster, for an instance) and others was a must!
5. Did you try to incorporate technology in your some of your lessons during your practicum? Was it a success or a failure? If you did not what was/were the reason(s)?
Yes, absolutely! I did incorporated/ utilized the use of techno into my lessons during the practicum days. It was awesome!The students just loved that, in fact they want more and more videos every day. Hehe. I would say that was a success despite the fact that arranging the schedule/ get permission to use the APD room was kinda frustrating. So tedious. But that’s part and parcel of life. I downloaded all the softwares to be sued in my class and the whole lessons turn out to be great till the end of my day in school!Alhamdulillah.

6. What is your opinion on the use of computer/technology in language teaching?
It helps a lot. Once you’ve got an internet connection, you explores the sites, the final effects will be amazing! Not just satisfaction to me as a teacher but the most importantly the students enjoy acquiring the knowledge!
7. What are your expectations from this course?
Learn as much as possible all the computer assisted language learning knowledge and get them applied in my future career.Insyaallah.

6 comments:

Izaham Shah Ismail said...

Which school did you go to for your practicum?

J.U.L.I.E.S.A.M.A.D said...

SMK USJ23,Subang Jaya. Mine was the first batch of practicum teachers there =)

A d'Z said...

TESLian heh? i was one...

J.U.L.I.E.S.A.M.A.D said...

o yup..hihi..so, already a teacher???

A d'Z said...

i will never ever b a teacher even though i got an A for my teaching practicum. got interview at Damansara Uptown 1 tomorrow (16hb). an internship prog frm Deloitte Consulting Sdn Bhd.

more into biz...

J.U.L.I.E.S.A.M.A.D said...

owh I see..the guts to be an educator is not there..well, good luck then tomorrow =)

Post a Comment